Wednesday, May 30, 2012

R.I.P. Mike Meuer

I have just found out that the long time and legendary voice of I-55 Raceway in Pevely,Mo., as well as Belle Clair Speedway in Belleville,Il, Mike Meuer, passed away Tuesday of a massive heart attack while visiting family and friends in California. Mike was known as "The Talker Guy", or TTG on the racing websites he frequented. Only this past Saturday we were at the I-55 races, and I mentioned in my weekend recap that Mike was absent from the mic. If you never heard Mike announce, think Harry Caray at the racetrack. Some nights he would go through an entire show and never give a drivers full name, instead using the nicknames - many of which he started - that he so loved. Even so, he knew his stuff when it came to midwest racing, and he will definitely be missed. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family and many friends. R.I.P., talker guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment