Sunday, May 16, 2010

Racin' Down the Road

Despite an ongoing effort all day Sunday of everyone involved in track preparation at Quincy Raceways, promoter Tony Rhineberger had to no choice but to cancel the races for May 15. Rain throughout the week had created less than favorable conditions, and as of 3:00 PM there was more precipitation headed towards the Quincy area. This is the fourth cancellation out of seven scheduled nights of racing so far this year, possibly the most in the long history of the speedway, certainly the most in the last 15 or so years. For yours truly, it is night number nine of no planned racing in 2010, not counting my ill fated trip to the the Quad City Speedway two weeks ago. I commented to my racing companions on the trip home from Donnellson Friday night that I still don't have my " staying out late " legs under me yet, as we have only had a few nights out past the 10:00 hour so far. For race fans in May however, there is always next week, so hopefully I will have something to report from the Lucas Oil late model series at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, set to roll off on Friday night. Wherever you are, I hope the weather is better, guess I will wait for reports of hopefully some racing action up north tonight. See you at the races.!

No comments:

Post a Comment